22.10.08

Hmm...

One of my ex's has got a new gf...who happens to be a friend of mine back when I was a tween. I never kept in touch with my ex and truth is I don't feel anything about this whole new gf business. But, I somehow feel a little envious of her...See, he was incredibly romantic and from the looks of things, he still is. He read classics, wrote me poems and gave me roses for no reason at all. And being the total romantic I am, I was a sucker for all those things. I thought I found the perfect guy...

That is until all the other things about him started to get to me...his football obsession, his annoying sarcasm and his "my way is the right way" attitude. Behind the beautiful exterior of a prince, hid a very typical MCP. I broke up with him and I've never regreted it.

So, why is it that I feel so envious of my friend? I think my inner romantic side just wants some attention. Is it normal to feel like this? Is it bad to feel like this?...especially when I have a really nice bf who puts up with me (trust me I can be a right bitch at times). I really don't know. Maybe I should watch Ever After and just realize that there are no such things as fairy tales and prince charming really doesn't exist. Sigh...

No comments: