23.10.08

Excess of Romaticism

I was talking to Young Padawan today about my previous post (me envying my friend who has a extremely romantic bf). It's always great to have a friend who puts things into perspective for you...Here's a snippet of our convo (I'm Aki, in purple coz I LOVE purple ;) and Young Padawan is YP in green coz she's the neutral voice of reason)

Aki : so, it's not right for me to feel envious and stuff?

YP : .......cant tell u whats right or not..........but i think u taking it overboard if u expect al the flowers, poems n such

Aki : yeah, i know....I don't expect that of him...I know he's not that type
he does other things...and if I think in a more adult way, all those things are way more important than any rose will ever be...
hmmm.....I really need to stop having cinderella fantasies....
sigh.....growing up sucks.....


YP : think u hit it in the head ADULT. i was about to say its girlish to envy and its the lil drama queen side throwing a petulant tantrum .......

Aki : yeah....can't always be an adult right....it's a bit tiring

YP : there is no need for excess of romanticism. it covers up for lack of trust n insecurities.
if HP helps u grow up n yr relationship is based much more solid on copied poems n frivolous flowers then it s good thing


Aki : ur right....

YP : *racous applause for ME!!*

Yeah, she's right. Fairytales and love stories are just plain idealistic stories designed to make us think that love is a much more simple thing than it really is. About time I finally grow up and realize that romance alone does not make a relationship work. Love, trust, comfort, kindness and loyalty is what I need...and that's exactly what I get with HP.

The master has now become a student...

No comments: