6.6.08

The toast

The past few days have been carzy at work...so many things to do and most of them have to be done by next week. Not a very easy task when it's already Friday, I have jam-packed weekend ahead and absolutely no mood to do work at home. Anyways, I'm just gonna hope and pray that when I was told next week, what was meant was Wednesday and not Monday.

In between doing work and daydreaming about the weekend, I remembered something from the movie 'Hitch'. I watched it last Friday night, alone at home and was reminded about why I love the movie so much. Will Smith is gorgeous and hilarious, Eva Mendes is HOT!!! and the story line is realistic albeit the predictability.

Anyways at one point in the movie, Hitch says the following :

"Never lie, cheat or drink.
But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
And if you must drink,
drink in the moments that take your breath away"
It's a really nice toast, no? Of course in the movie he ended up getting veggies thrown at him shortly after but in another time and place, I bet it would have worked wonders. I don't know why I thought of it, but I did and just had to write it down somewhere so I never forget.
Oh well, back to work then...thankfully it's only and hour and a half before we can all call it a week and head home to our much needed R&R. Sigh...if only we could have 3 day weekends.

No comments: